Black forest soufflé
For the base
- 300ml full cream milk
- 25g cocoa powder
- 3 whole eggs
- 85g caster sugar
- 55g corn starch
For the meringue
- 180g old eggs white room temperature
- 110g caster sugar
- 10g freeze dried sour cherries
- 15ml Kirsch
- First brush some melted butter into your small copper pots or soufflé ramekins making sure you brush in an upwards motion.
- Dust the inside of the mounds with caster sugar and discard any loose sugar.
- Set fan forced oven to 200◦
- Whisk eggs and sugar together for base
- Sieve cocoa powder & corn starch together then add to egg sugar mix
- Bring milk to simmer and slowly add to egg sugar mix then pour back into pot.
- Add Kirsch
- Cook until thickened then press through a fine drum sieve. Chill.
- Beat egg whites until soft peak and rain in sugar until incorporated.
- Gently fold base into meringue then add crushed cherries.
- Fill mould to the top and level off with a palate knife or similar
- Bake for 12-14minutes or until cooked.